About me

My name is Maddie. I am an identical twin and I live in the UK. In 2016 I discovered I had been brutalized when I was 3 by an uncle who lived with us throughout 1968. For 50 years, I lived in oblivion. I wish to share with you what my life has been like and how I unearthed the truth about my toddlerhood.

Thursday 21 March 2019

Tales from Daler Cottage: Unearthing the Hidden Messages within my Children’s Stories

Tales from Daler Cottage is about my children’s stories written between the ages of 9 and 16. The years would have been 1975 to 1982. During this time, I was completely unaware of a terrible truth about my life. I was living in Daler Cottage, the given name of my childhood home.

In April 1985, at the age of 19, I would start a novel called The Lessons. This novel was fuelled by a fantasy world that was burning me up inside. For the next thirty years, I would struggle with this novel, oblivious to this truth about myself. The story of The Lessons is covered in my other book.

Prior to my novel-writing phase, I was writing mysteries, poems, drawing, painting and devising plays. I kept a diary between 1977 and 1988. I went to art school between 1981 and 1986, all during complete oblivion. I would continue to write and paint for many years to come. My diaries illuminate the circumstances surrounding my creations. Unknown to me, clues to this horrific truth have also leaked into my diaries like oil bubbling up through the ground.

At the age of 51, finally learned this terrible truth.

Due to the sensitive nature of this book, names and certain details have been altered in order to protect identities and I am writing under a pseudonym.

Available in kindle and paperback.



No comments:

Post a Comment